Fixing Sleep Issues with the Power of Hypnosis
The current pandemic has certainly changed the we live our everyday lives. It has affected many of our daily routines, and one of its biggest reported impacts has been that on sleep. Sleep is much more elusive when we are anxious or stressed.
Many people are suffering sleep issues for the first time in their lives. They may be:
• awake for long periods
• unable to fall asleep at all
• wake up several times during the night
• more intense and emotional dreams
• tired and groggy the next morning
• find it difficult to concentrate or function properly
• feel irritable
However, good sleep strategies will help you prepare for better quality sleep and limit the negative effects of poor sleep.
Try these FIVE hints for calmer and better sleep.
1) Limit news intake and avoid your phone and tablets for at least an hour before bed. Do something to boost your mood before bed – a comedy show or an inspring documentary or podcas can help you relax.
2) Have structure to your day. Our brains and bodies love structure. Wake, exercise, eat and sleep at similar
times each day.
3) Focus on your breathing. Think about resting rather than sleeping. Follow your breathing by silently
whispering the words ‘in’ and ‘out’ to encourage sleep.
4 Learn to relax. Relaxation can switch off the stress response. Find something that works for you such as self-hypnosis, mindfulness, yoga, progressive muscle relaxation, or a long hot bath (lowers the body temperature)
5. Don’t make sleep a mental monster!. Your bed should not be a battleground. Instead, try to enjoy the sensation of resting and recharging. See getting to sleep as the gold medal but lying in bed and feeling relaxed as the silver! If you can lie in bed and accept sleeplessness as something temporary and ‘okay’ this will help you reduce the anxiety that comes from not sleeping. Once you can do this – the game is half-won..
Hypnosis can help many forms of sleep issues and insomnia. If you are not sleeping well, and traditional treatments are not working, hypnosis may be the solution you’ve been looking for.
It uses different approaches to induce relaxation, such as focused attention,symptom control and guided imagery. Unlike sleep medications, it has no side effects, so it can be a massive help for those who can’t or don’t want to take sleeping pills.
It can help overcome bedtime restlessness – ease the worry, tension and anxiety that prevent sleep – and can show the way to the deep, restorative sleep that we all need.
To get started, take action today and call Kristian on 07984441710 or use the contact page to book in your FREE discovery session.