So how can you use self-hypnosis to feel more relaxed, reduce stress and anxiety and update your outdated ‘mental software’ ?
1) Find a comfortable place to relax where you won’t be disturbed (bed or comfy chair) and CLOSE your eyes..
2) Take 3 SLOW deep breaths from the diaphragm and as you breath out imagine any stress or tension in the body being slowly released.
3) Now from the top of your head, imagine you can send a wave of relaxation (you can imagine this as a colour if you want) which can travel down and fill every body part, every muscle and every cell and fibre until you relax your toes.. Take your time with this.
4) Now, count slowly in your mind from 10-1 and between each number down, say to yourself the words ‘Deeper relaxed’ (or something that feels right for you). Some people like to imagine drifting down a beautiful staircase, or floating down from a cloud but you can imagine anything you want. Hypnosis is a very individual process:)
5) When you reach the ‘bottom’ you can do your ‘re-programming’. If, for example your aim is to be stress free at xmas, vividly imagine things going really well. ‘See’ family members smiling and getting on like a xmas pudding on fire (just kidding). ‘Hear’ the xmas tunes that you love most and all those compliments you receive about your charming new reindeer jumper. You can make your own ‘mental movie’ which you can play from start to finish as if watching it in your own private cinema. Enjoy…!
6) When you’ve finished, count yourself back out of hypnosis from 1-3, telling yourself that by the count of 3, you’ll be wide awake, refreshed and ready to tackle all that xmas shopping…
Self Hypnosis for anxiety and stress in Bournemouth and Dorset
After practicing this a few times I hope you’ll discover that hypnotherapy for anxiety and stress is VERY effective:)
Watch this space for more tips and techniques to help you feel tip-top. Please SHARE this post with anyone who needs to release some stress at xmas…!
EXTRA XMAS BONUS:
Experience a limited time FREE 1 hour telephone or online (SKYPE) hypnosis discovery session to help you let go of stress and anxiety and release all of those doubts and worries so you can start to feel healthier and happier.
Click the link to reserve your free discovery session:
Please know that I am only accepting bookings upto December 20th, 2013… – so be quick and click that link!!
What you’ll learn from a Discovery session:
1) How hypnotherapy can benefit your life immediately and how you can start to LET GO of all those exhausting worries, doubts or bad habits that have been slowing you down. Hopefully you’ll decide to work with me but of course there is no obligation and absolutely no pressure to do anything except enjoy the experience:)
2) Experience a powerful relaxation hypnosis session and feel recharged and rejuvenated for days or even weeks afterwards….
3) Receive a complimentary MP3 or hypnosis CD which you can listen to at home and discover how just 10-20 minutes of self-hypnosis a day can help to settle your nerves, skyrocket your willpower and supercharge your confidence (apologies for the rocket analogies but I’m getting excited myself!)
Many of my regular hypnotherapy clients in Bournemouth have told me that my ‘Feel Fantastic’ relaxation mp3 has helped them get into the habit of relaxing again and a few use it every night to ensure a restful nights sleep.It’s literally an insomnia sure in itself!
Here’s the link to reserve your space. Limited time offer for xmas! Book Now!
Bespoke Hypnotherapy in Bournemouth and Poole